Meals on Wheels Fundraising Spiel
Glace Bay Town House and the Glace Bay Citizen's League Present the First Annual Schooner Curling Club Fundraising Spiel in Support of Meals on Wheels.
The first annual Glace Bay Townhouse Meals on Wheels Fundraiser was a huge success and raised around $3000 total for the event. Thank you to everyone who took part, to everyone who offered their support through the 50/50 draws and silent auction, to all the local businesses and organizations that entered teams and donated items and a big thank you to everyone who helped out in organizing and running the event. Congratulations to the winning team, Peter MacIntyre and the Titans. Overall it was a great weekend and we hope to host this spiel for many years to come and grow it into a bigger event. See you next season.
Here are the winners from the Titans Team - (L-R) Keith Davies, Robert Reid, Ray MacNeil, and Peter MacIntyre
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
Guaranteed THREE games (4 ends each) between Friday & Saturday
Gather your team, small group or enter individually and help support Meals on Wheels, which provides hot & nutritious meals to seniors all year round!
All equipment & free instruction provided by the Schooner Curling Club.
Just make sure to bring a pair of clean sneakers to go on the ice!
Friday, January 24 & Saturday, January 25
Schooner Curling Club - 61 Military Road, Sydney (old radar base)
Individual Entry: $25
Teams of four: $100
Teams of more than four: $125 set fee
Up to 20 teams may enter
There will be a light lunch, door prizes, silent auction, 50/50, and more!
How can I help?
Townhouse Glace Bay has over 50 years’ experience serving the community. Fourteen programs, supported by approximately 200 volunteers, are available for children, adults and seniors including a low cost nursery school, summer camps, pre-employment programs, a clothing depot, seniors contact, and meals on wheels. More information can be found on Townhouse’s web site and Facebook page. Your support will help make these programs more sustainable as we look to meet the needs of the community.
Members of the Schooner Curling Club are donating the facilities and their time for this worthy cause. We are asking local business to help out as best they can. Here are five ways to support the work of Townhouse, and the Meals on Wheels Program:
1. Enter a team. The bonspiel will take place at the end of January, a perfect cure for the winter blues. We need teams and guarantee a fun time will be had, especially for those who are curling for the first time.
2. Challenge another organization. When you sign up, let us know if there is a rivalry game you would like to play against another team and we will do our best to set up the challenge.
Sponsor a team. If you wish we will find the most amazing curlers to play under the name of your business or organization.
3. Donate a small door prize. Every person who participates will be entered into a draw for door prizes. A gift certificate, BOGO coupon, 2-for1 offer, or small item from your inventory will help to recognize and thank the folks participating in the fundraising bonspiel.
4. Donate a larger item for the silent auction. This is a perfect opportunity to showcase your business or organization. Donations valued at $50 or more will be recognized by signage at the club during the spiel and a proper “thank you” during the presentation of prizes.
5. A cash donation is always welcome. The meals on wheel program is supported by a small fee ($6) to the client but it does not cover the cost of groceries, preparation, packing and delivery, most of which is done by a team of volunteers.
Click here for a PDF Brochure
For more information or to enter contact Peter MacIntyre by phone (902-849-7935) or by email email@example.com