Meals on Wheels Fundraising Spiel
Glace Bay Town House and the Glace Bay Citizen's League Present the Schooner Curling Club Fundraising Spiel in Support of Meals on Wheels.
Teams and Schedules posted below.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
Guaranteed THREE games between Friday & Saturday
Gather your team, small group or enter individually and help support Meals on Wheels, which provides hot & nutritious meals to seniors all year round!
Let's join in and make this year's even better.
All equipment & free instruction provided by the Schooner Curling Club.
Just make sure to bring a pair of clean sneakers to go on the ice!
Friday, March 3 & Saturday, March 4
Schooner Curling Club - 61 Military Road, Sydney (old radar base)
Individual Entry: $25
Teams of four: $100
Up to 16 teams may enter
There will be a light lunch, door prizes, silent auction, 50/50, and more!
How can I help?
Townhouse Glace Bay has over 50 years’ experience serving the community. Fourteen programs, supported by approximately 200 volunteers, are available for children, adults and seniors including a low cost nursery school, summer camps, pre-employment programs, a clothing depot, seniors contact, and meals on wheels. More information can be found on Townhouse’s web site and Facebook page. Your support will help make these programs more sustainable as we look to meet the needs of the community.
Members of the Schooner Curling Club are donating the facilities and their time for this worthy cause. We are asking local business to help out as best they can. Here are five ways to support the work of Townhouse, and the Meals on Wheels Program:
1. Enter a team. The bonspiel will take place at the end of January, a perfect cure for the winter blues. We need teams and guarantee a fun time will be had, especially for those who are curling for the first time.
2. Challenge another organization. When you sign up, let us know if there is a rivalry game you would like to play against another team and we will do our best to set up the challenge.
Sponsor a team. If you wish we will find the most amazing curlers to play under the name of your business or organization.
3. Donate a small door prize. Every person who participates will be entered into a draw for door prizes. A gift certificate, BOGO coupon, 2-for1 offer, or small item from your inventory will help to recognize and thank the folks participating in the fundraising bonspiel.
4. Donate a larger item for the silent auction. This is a perfect opportunity to showcase your business or organization. Donations valued at $50 or more will be recognized by signage at the club during the spiel and a proper “thank you” during the presentation of prizes.
5. A cash donation is always welcome. The meals on wheel program is supported by a small fee ($6) to the client but it does not cover the cost of groceries, preparation, packing and delivery, most of which is done by a team of volunteers.
For more information or to enter contact Peter MacIntyre by phone (902-849-7935) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Teams are taking part
1. Town House Board
6. Peter MacIntyre